- Business Studies Home
- Getting Started
- The Program
- Advisory Board
- Gainful Employment
Certificate of Achievement Business Entrepreneurship
- Describe the nature and characteristics of successful small business persons.
- Summarize the responsibilities of small business owners in selecting, motivating, training, and supervising employees.
- Define and provide concrete examples of the “Competitive Advantage” concept that a small business must achieve in order to succeed.
- Compare and contrast the impact of the external business environments on small businesses.
- Construct a business plan, essential marketing plan, and basic financial documents for a small business.
- Detail key business procedures relevant to a specific problem using appropriate technology.
|CIS 50 (Intro to Computing and Information Technology)||3 units|
|BUSN 53 (Business Correspondence)||3 units|
|BUSN 55 (Business Mathematics)||3 units|
|MKTG 50 (Introduction to Marketing)||3 units|
|BUSN 18 (Business Law)||4 units|
|BUSN 40 (Introduction to Business)||3 units|
|BUSN 51A (General Accounting I) or||3 units|
|BUSN 1A (Financial Accounting)||4 units|
|BUSN 58 (Small Business Management) or||3 units|
|MKTG 60 (Retail Store Management)||3 units|
|BUSN 56 (Introductions to Management) or||3 units|
|BUSN 48 (Human Relations in the Workplace)||3 units|
|Total Units Required||28-29 units|
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Las Positas Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program.