Campus Safety & Security
- Campus Safety Home
- Security Services
- Emergency Text Notification System
- Enforcement Authority
- Crime Prevention
- Crime Reporting Procedures
- Annual Crime Report
- Crime Statistics
- Emergency Response & Evacuation Procedures
- Victim Resources
- Outside Resources
- Livermore Police Department
- Pleasanton Police Department
- Dublin Police Department
- California Highway Patrol
Campus Safety is #1 at Las Positas College
The Las Positas College campus community is proud to have one of the safest college campuses in California. The Campus Safety and Security Office is committed to on-going efforts to promote emergency preparedness and a safe environment for learning and working.
- Las Positas College maintains a security department with personnel available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and offers a variety of Crime Reporting Procedures.
- Emergency Call Boxes are located in several parking lots on the campus and along perimeter road.
- A new fire alarm system provides several safety enhancements for the College, including the ability to broadcast critical information over speakers in classrooms in the event of an emergency.
- Escort service is available to the campus community to and from the parking lots.
- The College has trained Building Monitors, staff in the campus community who have volunteered to be responsible for buildings in case of emergency.
- The College hosts Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Programs that prepare people for emergency response situations at home and in the community.
- The College has added an Emergency Notification (Text) System to its safety efforts. Please see the following information about the Emergency Notification (Text) System.
Emergency Notification (Text) System
New Emergency Alert System, Sign Up Now!
The new Everbridge emergency alert system has been setup by ITS through the Banner interface. In order for everyone to receive emergency notifications and incidents in their respective campuses or office, there will be a District-wide campaign to update all staff, faculty and student contact information. Currently we request from all staff and faculty to please sign on to banner and update your contact information. In the near future, we will ask you to inform your classes and have students update their contact information to receive timely and necessary emergency alerts.
Sign Up Instructions
The Banner instructions for employees to update the "Cell Phone Number" online in Banner's Class-web are as follows:
- Sign into Class-Web using your W# and Pin.
- Under the PERSONAL INFORMATION tab:
- Click on 'Personal Information' link
- Then click on the 'Update Emergency Text-Authorized Phone Number'
- Enter your cell phone number to be used and click SUBMIT
For more information please contact:
Campus Safety & Security
Lost & Found
*16 from Campus Pay Phones Emergency call-boxes
Switchboard operators are here until 7pm Monday - Thursday, and 5pm on Fridays.