- Online Learning Home
- Online Services
- Course Email
- Mobile Learning
- Privacy Statement
- Faculty Resources
Students enrolled in online and hybrid courses are welcome to attend a virtual orientation or an on-campus orientation to Online Learning. These orientations are NOT course-specific.
For Summer 2018, the virtual orientation will take place June 5 from 12-1:30 p.m. via the web conferencing tool Zoom (see access instructions below). The on-campus orientation will take place June 6 from 1-2:30 p.m. in Room 2410.
If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Typical topics covered at these orientations are:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Student readiness for taking these courses, including those who tend to struggle
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic course navigation
- Using course tools, including submitting assignments
- Use of mobile devices
- Tips, including those for taking quizzes
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including tutoring
- Login procedures
- Students with disabilities
Zoom Access Instructions
- On the day of the virtual orientation, using the Chrome browser, go to the web address that will be published here.
- If you have not used Zoom before, you will be asked to save the launcher file. Click
- Click the download button at the top of your browser, then click Zoom_launcher.exe.
- When asked if you want to run the file, click Run. Zoom will open.